Boggo Road Busway Tunnel Project
As part of the Boggo Road Busway Alliance, Douglas Partners provided geotechnical investigation and analysis for stages 1-3 of the 1.5 kilometre Boggo Road Busway Tunnel which provides crucial public transport access from the Princess Alexandra Hospital (PA) to the Eleanor Schonell Bridge.
Douglas Partners was engaged to undertake the geotechnical investigation and interpretative reporting for Stages 1 to 3 of the Boggo Road Busway Tunnel between the South-East Freeway at Buranda and the Eleanor Schonell Bridge at Dutton Park.
The Busway Project included a combination of cut-and-cover tunnels beneath the South-East Freeway and QR corridors, viaduct structures over arterial roads and the Princess Alexandra Hospital grounds, a reinforced earth wall in Dutton Park, a 480m driven tunnel section beneath the heritage-listed Boggo Road Gaol, and a 10m high soil nail wall at Outlook Park on the perimeter of the Boggo Road Urban Village.
Douglas Partners’ contributions to the project included:
- Geotechnical investigation, laboratory testing and interpretative reporting;
- Assistance in developing the spatial model of subsurface conditions for the driven tunnel section beneath the Boggo Road Gaol;
- Finite element modelling of the soil nail wall;
- Stability assessment of soil nail wall panels directly beneath the rail tracks in between the contiguous pile walls;
- Stability assessment of the reinforced earth wall in Dutton Park;
- On-site construction supervision of pile excavations and soil nail installations;
- Geotechnical advice on short term stability of batter excavations and trench stability for services installation and personnel entry; and
- Earthworks testing and supervision services.